Karpe Real Estate Center | Phone: 661.847.4800 | Fax: 661.847.4850

Homeowners’ Association Management.

Providing quality, professional community association management to master planned communities, planned residential developments, condominiums, and town homes in the Bakersfield, Kern County and Central Valley areas.

Bakersfield, Kern County, Karpe’s Management staff maintains good public relations and interacts with clients, customers, and co-workers in a positive, respectful and professional manner at all times. Homeowners and community associations always have the assurance that we will go beyond the expected to help build value through programs tailored to your specific needs.

Karpe’s Association manager is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the maintenance and upkeep of a residential community. Our HOA manager is typically involved in enforcing community rules and regulations. These rules govern behaviors that are intended to help maintain a visually appealing neighborhood while protecting property values. Rules and regulations usually govern landscaping and home maintenance requirements; on-street parking; building additions; and exterior home appearance. Our HOA manager monitors community activities, hears complaints from homeowners, and investigates and resolves issues.

Association Manager
Lizbeth Rodriguez
(661) 847-4942
[email protected]
Haide Lara 
(661) 847-4984
[email protected]


image001No matter the size of your community, Karpe can manage all components of your HOA or condo association, and we possess the experience to deliver results. Take the first step towards hiring Karpe as your new community association management firm by filling out the form to the right.

Homeowners’ Association Management (H.O.A.) Services

  • Collection of Dues
  • Monthly Site Inspections
  • Violation/Hearing Correspondence
  • Enforcement of CC&R’s, By-Laws, Architectural Control
  • Supervision of Contracted services
  • Property Payables
  • Coordination of Board Meetings
  • Record Meeting Minutes
  • Month End Reports and Reconciliation
  • Annual Budget Preparation
  • Reserve Study Preparation
  • Works with the Board & Associations legal counsel to resolve issues
  • After hours emergency call availability 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Submit a New Management Inquiry to Karpe Real Estate Center

    Frequently Asked Questions

    A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The management company may be reached at 661-847-4800
    It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&R’s, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The corporation is financially supported by all members of the homeowners association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.
    The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R’s) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&R’s were recorded by the County recorder’s office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R’s may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. To request a copy of the Bylaws of your association, please contact management.
    The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. To request a copy of the Bylaws of your association, please contact management.
    The Homeowner’s Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association’s governing documents.
    Most associations have developed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the CC&R’s and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, etc. In addition, your Association will adopt Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your home. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes or extensive interior changes and additions. These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, therefore protecting the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in action by the Board of Directors and a fine. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee, as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be fined for the violation. For more information about this topic contact management.
    If residents cannot resolve a situation between themselves, then turn to your Association. Should you have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, and you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Policies and Guidelines, you may complete a Covenant Violation form online. The Violation form may be found within the forms tab on the side bar on this site. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Policies and Guidelines, the Board of Directors will institute the enforcement policy. Your continued assistance may be required.
    Yes. Scheduled Board meetings should be posted in the common area of your association or agendas mailed to all owners prior to the meeting.
    The assessment is the monthly amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area, hazard insurance, and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years.
    This budget is set upon specific guidelines for utilities, landscaping, administration, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of certain items: lighting, street resurfacing, fencing, etc. These amounts are then divided by the number of units built in a given phase of the development. Budgets are developed by the Board of Directors with assistance from the association manager. Assessments may be adjusted periodically if necessary, to meet anticipated expenses.
    The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. If payments are late you will incur late fee. The CC&R’s allows the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.
    Back to Top